Author Topic: WW&F Ry March/April excursions (photos)  (Read 6608 times)

Matthew Malkiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
    • Lost Tracks of Time
WW&F Ry March/April excursions (photos)
« on: May 18, 2016, 07:18:07 PM »
http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p47324941

The above link is to my gallery of photos from the WW&F's March and April photo excursions.

From the equipment, structures, and right-of-way all the way down to the very talented and skilled people involved; its a showcase of how serious and dedicated they are to the history of the Maine 2-footers. And it shows in the smallest of detail; throughout a recipe of all the best ingredients that come together to create the most satisfying experience imaginable. These scenes need few words to describe.

My post two months ago featured images void of the human element, focusing on the timeless environment recreated. In this update I bring forth a few of the core members, placing the interaction between man and machine at the forefront.

Enjoy,
Matthew

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F Ry March/April excursions (photos)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:11:29 AM »
Excellent as always Matthew. There are several of us that miss out on these great creations, due to them being held during the week. But we still try and focus our efforts on creating the magic shown in your photos.

Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:21:27 PM by Mike Fox »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Bill Sample

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:08:25 PM »
Very nice, Matthew.  Thanks for sharing.

Bob Springs

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:55 PM »
As always, Matthew's photos are so much more than just "photos" in the usual sense.
They are ART!  Great work Matthew. 

Matthew Malkiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
    • Lost Tracks of Time
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
As always, I thank everyone for the replies left here, the private messages, and email sent.

http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p462293280

Once again here is the first gallery I mentioned, a series of photos captured the morning of March 25th, early before the photo excursion commenced.

This year's Narrow Gauge Convention is being hosted in Augusta, Maine - an hour drive from the WW&F in Alna. I highly suggest a visit!

Matthew