Author Topic: Mission and Values Statements  (Read 1966 times)

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Mission and Values Statements
« on: March 26, 2016, 12:37:24 AM »
Members may recall a survey that went out with the 2015 Annual Fund Drive appeal, asking for input on the formation of a values statement for the Museum.  Thank you to everyone who sent us back the survey!  We had a good variety of comments, I'd say 99++% of them were very positive.

Steve Piwowarski worked at compiling everything together in a viewable format, then Long Range Planning Committee members (myself, Jason, Kielbasa Dave, Steve Z, John M, joined by Steve P) discussed things at length via email, coming up with a comprehensive set of statements that we believe represent our values.

The Mission Statement and the accompanying Values Statements can be found on our website, here: http://wwfry.org/?page_id=1109.  Steve P's report is linked to it from there as well.

Glenn Christensen

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Mission and Values Statements
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:49:10 AM »
Thanks guys for creating a well-considered, professional and valuable document!

Your hard work shows.

Sincerely,
Glenn

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:00:49 PM »
This report represents a great initiative and a lot of thought and hard work.  The details of the analysis methodology shows the depth of planning and execution that went into it.

The results consistently iterate that the results of years of dreaming, planning, fundraising, railroad work on track, rolling stock, locomotives and structures have paid off.  Our Museum has achieved a reputation of accomplishing the seemingly impossible, and then doing it again.

It is serendipitous that the report came out on the same day of the No. 9 Photo trains.  The reports from that event echo the sentiments in the report.
B2

Wascally Wabbit & Gofer

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 10:25:32 PM »
It is serendipitous that the report came out on the same day of the No. 9 Photo trains. 

Not intentional, I assure you!  Jason asked me a week or so ago to put it on the website, and Friday I happened to think that I still needed to do it, and did it.

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 10:46:03 PM »
Well done, every one!