Author Topic: New Car  (Read 11684 times)

Mark Spremulli

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • How Do?
    • View Profile
    • Mark Spremulli Photography
New Car
« on: June 20, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Since this involved Boothbay I will put it here, if the mods want to move that's fine. I went to Edaville today and while talking with one of the workers was told that Boothbay had built a new excursion car for them. It was not in service yet do not having its paint finished however if you rode the train you could see it outside the machine shop. So I did and here is a pic of the new car that was built in Boothbay.http://markspremulli.zenfolio.com/p597385795/h4b884c79#h4b884c79
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:12:33 PM by Mark Spremulli »
Keep Calm and Get Steamed

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: New Car
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:35:44 PM »
Built in Boothbay, no.  Built by a Boothbay employee, yes.  These cars are actually being built by one of the WW&F's neighbors in Alna, who is also a regular employee of Boothbay Railway Village.  He has a quonset hut shop that you can see from the train.  This hut has two tracks.  This past winter he was also working on Monson #3 steam locomotive, bringing it back to operational status.  He is constructing these cars from scratch (steel construction, not wood).

Mark Spremulli

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
  • How Do?
    • View Profile
    • Mark Spremulli Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:56:04 PM »
Built in Boothbay, no.  Built by a Boothbay employee, yes.  These cars are actually being built by one of the WW&F's neighbors in Alna, who is also a regular employee of Boothbay Railway Village.  He has a quonset hut shop that you can see from the train.  This hut has two tracks.  This past winter he was also working on Monson #3 steam locomotive, bringing it back to operational status.  He is constructing these cars from scratch (steel construction, not wood).
Thank you James, I didn't know that. Still the car looked nice from what I saw of it.
Keep Calm and Get Steamed

Dave Crow

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 06:26:52 AM »
Interesting that the current Edaville cars are riding on replica passenger car trucks with roller bearings.

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »
[Mod note... moved to the Massachusetts' section, since new coach is not Boothbay Railway Village product.]
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum