W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
July 28, 2017, 03:47:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Searching for money.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Car  (Read 3421 times)
Mark Spremulli
Museum Member
Switchman

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:10:18 AM »

Since this involved Boothbay I will put it here, if the mods want to move that's fine. I went to Edaville today and while talking with one of the workers was told that Boothbay had built a new excursion car for them. It was not in service yet do not having its paint finished however if you rode the train you could see it outside the machine shop. So I did and here is a pic of the new car that was built in Boothbay.http://markspremulli.zenfolio.com/p597385795/h4b884c79#h4b884c79
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:12:33 AM by Mark Spremulli » Logged
James Patten
Wearer of Too Many Hats
Global Moderator
Trainmaster

Loco for 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 02:35:44 AM »

Built in Boothbay, no.  Built by a Boothbay employee, yes.  These cars are actually being built by one of the WW&F's neighbors in Alna, who is also a regular employee of Boothbay Railway Village.  He has a quonset hut shop that you can see from the train.  This hut has two tracks.  This past winter he was also working on Monson #3 steam locomotive, bringing it back to operational status.  He is constructing these cars from scratch (steel construction, not wood).
Mark Spremulli
Museum Member
Switchman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 03:56:04 AM »

Built in Boothbay, no.  Built by a Boothbay employee, yes.  These cars are actually being built by one of the WW&F's neighbors in Alna, who is also a regular employee of Boothbay Railway Village.  He has a quonset hut shop that you can see from the train.  This hut has two tracks.  This past winter he was also working on Monson #3 steam locomotive, bringing it back to operational status.  He is constructing these cars from scratch (steel construction, not wood).
Thank you James, I didn't know that. Still the car looked nice from what I saw of it.
Dave Crow
Museum Member
Hostler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 12:26:52 PM »

Interesting that the current Edaville cars are riding on replica passenger car trucks with roller bearings.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
Administrator
Supervisor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »

[Mod note... moved to the Massachusetts' section, since new coach is not Boothbay Railway Village product.]

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: