Author Topic: Old Boothbay aerial shots  (Read 8349 times)

Hansel Fardon

• Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Old Boothbay aerial shots
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 06:37:51 AM »
Great pictures! It's too bad no one knows/ shares the history of Boothbay.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »
In have a book on Boothbay. They have made many additions/improvements over the years. Interesting to see, one of the first things built is the large shop building. Which probably was not the shop at the time.
Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:28:05 AM »
2015 marks Boothbay Railway Village's 50th anniversary, and I am preparing a piece for Trains about its founding and growth over the years.

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:36:31 AM »
Living just 10 or so miles away from it, as a child it was a great treat to take a ride on it.  We did it 2 or 3 times a summer as I recall.  It has changed a great deal from the 1970s.  Back then, there were several tracks embedded in the parking lot inside the loop, running to locos and other cars inside the loop and the fence.  At the area at the back of the loop, where the coal pile, Thorndike station, and the display historic 2 foot cars, there was nothing but an ugly board fence with a gate in it, and lots of trees and brush.  I used wonder what was back there, until I came back one day and the fence was gone and an antique car collection was there.  Who knew!