Author Topic: Trading 7/8n2 models  (Read 5978 times)

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Trading 7/8n2 models
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »
I know that this forum does not encourage this type of stuff, but I don't lurk anywhere else where I could post it.

I would like to trade the following 7/8n2 models (various stages of incompleteness) for a full sized 6" diameter whistle bowl/horizontal valve or Accucraft and Bachmann 1:20.3 F scale model trains.

SR&RL 556 series caboose with Stephen King passenger trucks (about 75% complete)

Manns Creek Railroad type hopper car with industrial trucks (about 50%complete)

Hartford 4 wheeled gondola (98% complete)

Hartford 4 wheeled flat car (75% complete)

ALL OF THE ABOVE HAVE KADEE COUPLERS

1 pair of Stephen King freight car trucks with outside brake shoes

1 pair of Stephen King freight car trucks with unassembled bolster hung outside brakes

Bags of parts.

I am posting this now because I could bring them to Sheepscot for examination on the work weekend.  I could email photos. PM me here with your email.

PLEASE NOTE OF WHAT I WANT TO TRADE FOR.  THERE IS VERY LITTLE ELSE I WOULD WANT.  

Bernie Perch

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:56:46 PM by Bernie Perch »

Marcel Levesque

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: Trading 7/8n2 models
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »
If you do bring your 7/8ths items to the work weekend I would be interested in taking a look.  Thank you.

Dale Reynolds

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »
Bernie, you are correct, this is not the place for models. There are 2 yahoo groups for models, Steve king's '7/8 inch scale trains' group which is the best, and an all-scales group called 'Maine 2' modelers forum'. there is also an 's-e lounge' group which I don't do. good luck, dale

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 07:39:48 PM »
I do not consider myself much of a modeler and since I am coming to the work weekend and have contributed considerably to the #11 pattern supply and am bringing up #10's repaired and tested whistle, I feel I could be tolerated and someone would be interested in looking while I was there.  I got the stuff while on one of my "kicks" and now realize that one really needs a back yard to run it, and I just don't have the interest to do that.  It is also VERY BIG and 1:20 F scale is as big as I care to go and that stuff will probably be displayed on a wall shelf because I do not have a train layout.

Since Marcel expressed an interest, I will bring it up and you are not committed in any way to take any of it, although I would like to trade it all off as one unit.

Bernie
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:47:34 PM by Bernie Perch »

Eric Schade

• Operating Volunteers
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 09:29:31 AM »
Bernie--

I have some interest as well.  I do not have a full size whistle or any parts but do have some F-scale live steam  i could discuss:
Aster- 3 truck climax
Roundhouse- SR&RL #24
Aster/LGB Frank S german meter gauge engine
Modified Accucraft Ruby Forney with Hinkley/Portland style wood cab

the first two engines might be worth more than your list the other two similar to less
Eric Schade, Phippsburg, Maine