Author Topic: August 2014 work planning  (Read 27472 times)

Fred Morse

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
Re: August 2014 work planning
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2014, 05:35:03 AM »
I will not be at the museum this coming Friday for brush cutting, However, If anyone wants to cut brush there's plenty to do near the station.

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2014, 06:02:27 AM »
Anticipated work weekend of August 30:

* Grading
* ROW mowing (without Fred)
* Spiking roundhouse track
* Loco 9 ashpan riveting

This is the last full weekend of steam.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:00:25 AM by James Patten »

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2014, 06:42:14 AM »
I'll be there for some no 9 projects as well.  We're planning on riveting the new ashpan together.

Jason

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »
My one Saturday off.....I will be there next weekend.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »
It would be good to get the yard cleaned up a bit, pick up junk wood, pull weeds, etc.  There will be two charters next week:  a group of Brits on Thursday and a school group Friday. The campus should be safe and look nice ... our guests will be inspecting and photographing the shop and yard. 

Dwight Winkley

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
Fred and I cut more brush on the RoW south of Milepost 7 today. After lunch we than went to the RoW fill at Headtide and finished cutting the brush there.

Dwight than went to Rosewood Crossing and cut more Brush. Rosewood Crossing is now cleared of brush on the west side of the RoW. This gives another location for a afternoon Sunshine runby for the Charter next Thursday.
dwight

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »
Work done on Saturday August 30:

* Roundhouse track: I set up early this morning for a little spiking while the track was in shade and it was cool.  Fred showed up with his son Ed and before long he and Ed were helping for a bit.  The track was already safety spiked, so all we had to do was spike it plain.  A couple lengths got completed.
* Loco 9: Bill F worked on placing the firebox door casting correctly.  Brendan welded some on the tank.  Marcel worked on the cab.  Jason did some machining.
* Office organization: I spent part of the day re-organizing and cleaning the office.  We have 2 sets of horizontal drawers, one stacked on another.  A number of months ago the top set of drawers fell over and was damaged.  We acquired a 4-drawer vertical drawer, so we moved it from the basement to the office, where I moved files over from the damaged drawer and Brendan took it away.  Then I took everything out of the other horizontal drawer, and rearranged the drawers.  We also recently acquired a really nice printer/copier, so I moved that into the office.  I cleaned off the desk.  The unused horizontal drawer was moved to the ...
* Archives: Linda spent some time organizing in the Archives, and was happy to get the drawer.  It helped her get rid of some boxes.

Brendan Barry

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
The Brookville is running again after some carburetor repair today.
United Timber Bridge Workers, Local 1894, Alna, ME