Author Topic: Finding the WW&F on Facebook  (Read 344577 times)

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the WW&F on Facebook
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 12:56:35 AM »
Thursdays charter by the German tour group went well and there is a pictorial recap on the museums fb page.  Seven volunteers put in may extra hours to organize and run the event, especially charter coordinatorJ.B. Smith and the engine crew Bob Longo and Jonathan St Mary.  Our guests were quite happy at the end of the day.  Some told us that the "WW&F is fantasitc - it's an amazing railroad".

Please remember to [LIKE] our page in order to follow museum information, news and photos.

fb team

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Tonight we begin a special series with photos showing track construction on the WW&F.  Part 1 features photos from 1990 - 2000.  The next offering (next Thurs) will be part 2 with views from 2000 - 2010.  There are many good memories in the images with a good number of volunteers shown working hard.  Some of you are in the shots.  Please check the museums' facebook page for this (and other) news and articles.

Thanks! 

Mark, James and Cindy 

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
SPECIAL REPORT -

The museums' facebook page now has over 1,000 LIKES.  For our non fb friends a [LIKE] means that a person has decided to follow our page so each time a new WW&F post is made it will show up on their news page.  As of this morning there are 1,004 people following our progress as we rebuild a classic Maine Two-Footer.

Many thanks to all our friends.  We hope you will visit Sheepscot soon to see the museum in person.

WW&F fb team  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:15:57 AM by Stewart "Start" Rhine »

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »
Hooray for us!

Marcel Levesque

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »
Throwback Thursdays have been a blast to watch.   Seems just like yesterday...................

Fred L. Kuhns

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
  Stewart,  The FB Team needs a great thank you for the fine job of telling the story of our great museum.  Fred L. Kuhns

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
Thanks Fred,

They do spend quite a bit of time on the posts.  There's choosing topics, picking old photos, taking new shots and writing text and captions.  As soon as a post is loaded to fb, they are working on the next subject.  It's a bit like doing a broadcast!

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 03:14:16 AM »
Tuesday evening 8/26/14 the annual Fund Drive wish list went on fb.  This is the first time the projects have been listed, some with photos and amounts of $$ needed.  We'll see how the appeal does compared to the letters that are going in mailboxes this week.  The bottom line is ... please support the museum and our effort to rebuild a classic Maine Two-Footer.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »
The facebook fund drive appeal has paid off so far with funds coming from a non-member, thank you! 

This week there have been a number of posts including:

* Locomotive 9 restoration progress
* News of a WW&F photo in the October, 2014 issue of Trains Magazine
* Steam in September - a notice of #10 running on Saturdays and some Sundays this month
* WHISTLE POST - A news blurb about #10 getting the single chime "hooter" whistle and control rod assembly
* Rebuilding the WW&F - Track Construction ... featuring photos from building the mainline Sutters to Sheepscot Mills and some really new  shots (today) of RC4 and #10 at the end of the new upper yard spur, next to the coal pocket

fb crew

Bernie Perch

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »
I have been visiting the Facebook page and really enjoy looking at the photos.  I do not know how to respond to the comments on Facebook, so I am doing it here.  There was mention of making patterns for the three chime Crosby whistle.  I will not make patterns for this whistle.  It would be a massive project as I made the patterns for the CNJ step top three chime bell (top) and the project involved way over 150-200 hours plus trips to the foundry plus finishing the whistles.  It would also require specialized knowledge in casting the whistle to the thin cross sections required which seems like a lost art or terribly expensive by those who do know how to do it.

I am up to over my head in pattern projects.  I have two to make for CNJ 113, and am working on one for WW&F #11 which is being delayed by the Crosby repair process which has started.

I will be 69 in October and am slowing down and would rather do more goofing off things.  Today I fired up CNJ 113 with the help of one of the younger volunteers.  If he wasn't there, my body and mind would not be capable of making this post.  I am totally beat.  113 is a 95 ton locomotive which walked away with 56 cars last week on the R & N photo freight weekend and has a huge firebox which just wildly consumes wood during fire up.  There is just no more time for other projects.

Bernie

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2014, 03:24:51 PM »
For those who wanted to see photos of the British charter last Thursday, we've posted some on facebook. 

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 07:14:40 PM »
Take a tour of Sheepscot on facebook tonight ... see if you can identify a couple of photos locations.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Empire Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I do not get to see these pictures usually. I always make time to browse the forum, but not look back through the feeds on facebook. I am not saying it is a bad idea, because each person uses things differently, but I myself would much rather see some of the photos posted here as well.

Mike
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Dwight Winkley

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 08:44:47 PM »
here, here
dwight

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 09:06:22 PM »
Me, too.

I can do Facebook through my wife's account, but I still like seeing photos here, too.