Author Topic: Finding the WW&F on Facebook  (Read 213979 times)

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Finding the WW&F on Facebook
« Reply #540 on: August 26, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
I hear many complements on the FB page. The key is frequent updates which Stewart and Cindy do. And they are relevant. FB is a thankless master and our FB Team does an excellent job as the numbers prove.
Dave

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »
Congratulations Stewart and Cindy  for the amazing  job you have been doing on fb since 2013.  No wonder WW&F fb has so many followers with all the neat  photos and newsy captions you post every week. They allow the WW&F  friends  and visitors to follow the hectic life of the association and the work of its commited volunteers on a day to day basis  .For the far away members like me the WW&F fb perfectly completes and illustrates this discussion forum. It's all due to WW&F fb that I discovered that endearing two-footer and its commited volunteers. And it's all due to the fb team  kind replies  to my numerous questions about the WW&F Ry Museum on fb messenger in October 2017 that I decided on being a member. Thank you so much you both and keep it up.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 26, 2019, 10:45:21 PM »
I agree.  Start and Cindy do a really creative job on FB, which for the most part is NOT a creative medium.  While most post ego-centric and boring pictures of their kids and their vacations, S&C continue to tell our story in a fascinating way.  No wonder the followers have grown so much...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #543 on: October 10, 2019, 04:25:30 PM »
8,000!

Yes, we just got our 8,000th "Like" on Facebook. Well done to Cindy, Stewart, and the rest of Team Facebook!

This is already a great start to what will be a historic Fall Work Weekend.

Congratulations all.

Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 10, 2019, 05:01:04 PM »
Congrats again ! You both are a wonderful team .Those figures make me dream  AMTP fb only 1664 Likes and 1735 followers since 2015.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 28, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
The WW&F Facebook page celebrated it's 10th birthday this week by reaching 8,590 followers.

Thanks to everyone who promotes the museum. The goal has always been: (1) Get people interested in what we are doing. (2) Invite them to visit the railroad. (3) Provide a good meaningful experience with tours, train rides and visiting the gift shop.  (4) Speak with them about becoming members.   

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 28, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »
Thank you to the Facebook team. Hard to believe it has been 10 years already.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...