Author Topic: A few stories ...  (Read 114231 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • Historical Topo Maps
Re: A few stories ...
« Reply #390 on: August 14, 2017, 01:19:15 PM »
That's quite a reunion.
I suppose they hadn't seen each other in about 50 years.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Wayne Laepple

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few stories ...
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2017, 09:23:05 PM »
Yesterday I went to the Rough & Tumble Engineers annual reunion at Kinzer, Pa. I parked in the parking field and climbed aboard the shuttle wagon. A man and woman sat down next to me, and the guy noticed my WW&F T-shirt. "I was just there this past weekend," he said. "It's really a great place." I replied, "I was there, too, and i know it's a great place."

Later in the day, as I was walking around looking at the various interesting things there are to see, a woman tapped me on the shoulder. I stopped walking, and she came around in front of me to read my shirt. "Are you from Maine?" she asked. "I'm from Bristol." I told her I wasn't but that I am a regular visitor. She said she hadn't been "home" in a couple of years, but she really wanted to get back there. She went on to say that her folks had moved to New Jersey for work when she was a teenager, but they returned to Maine every year. After her dad retired, the family moved back to Maine, but after one winter, they decided to move back to New Jersey.