Author Topic: March 2014 Work Planning  (Read 5584 times)

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
March 2014 Work Planning
« on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
Anticipated work for Saturday March 1:

* Garage: move nails and other stuff from the carousel in the car shop to containers in the garage.  The carousel is going away somewhere (upstairs probably) to make some room in the shop area.
* Rubber tired vehicles
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:02:13 PM by James Patten »

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: March 2014 Work Planning
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:05:44 AM »
Also a trail was made last weekend so Fred could get to the pine tree easily, if he should desire to cut it.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:57:43 AM »
Also a trail was made last weekend so Fred could get to the pine tree easily, if he should desire to cut it.
As winner of the WW&F Busy Beaver Award, I'm sure that he'll want to fell that tree. ;D
-John

Fred Morse

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:58:16 AM »
Sat. I want to keep moving things from the CAROUSEL to the new garage. Then we can get the carousel out of the way.

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:01:42 AM »
Work done on Saturday March 1:

* Easter prep - Dawn and Cindy brought down the Easter material they bought right after Easter last year and started to sort through it all, making Easter baskets for the golden egg finders.
* Percival basement - Friday Zack started in on the wall for the bathroom and kitchen in the basement, continuing his work on Saturday.
* Garage - Fred, Stewart and others continued sorting through nails, screws, and other assorted fasteners from the shop.  Mike did some work on the Kubota, John Deere, and Mitsubishi.

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »
Anticipated work March 8:

* Percival basement
* Loco 9
* Garage and vehicles

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
Work done on Saturday March 8:

* Percival basement: Zack ran pipes for the sinks and toilet in the basement.  Stewart has been working on cleaning up junction boxes in the basement (there's a lot of them).
* #9: Big crew, working on boiler shell template, running gear, and smokebox.
* #10: Small crew, working on repairing the blowdown valve.
* Kubota: Mike prepped and had Jason weld on something for the thumb.  The thumb will be unpowered and fixed in place.
* Backhoe: Mike replaced the repaired cylinder and bled some air from the system.  I used it to practice on a snow pile and scared myself.
* Tree: Fred cut a tree down at the corner of the "Woods track".

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 12:50:17 AM »
The thumb worked fine. James moved a tie so I could reach it and picked it up. I swung over and dropped it then went back and started struggling to reach another tie but got it moved close enough that I finally grabbed it. Dropped on the first one, I then grabbed the both together and put them back. It will work great pulling stumps from the woods track area. Now onto the brakes...
Mike

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 01:20:39 AM »
Also, Gawdon and myself got the big Generator started just before I left. It needs work on the battery cables so the connection with the battery would be better.
Mike

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »
Anticipated work for weekend of March 15:

* #9: Jason should working on Friday and Monday.
* Board meeting Friday
* Percival: basement
* Snow clearing: With the storm coming in tonight/Thursday we'll have to clean up some.  There's now also a scheduled charter on March 26, so we'll need to plan for a plow extra in the next two weeks.  I'm guessing the plowing will be on the 22nd, but we may want to clear out by the doors and in the yard this weekend to give some of the snow a chance to melt in the coming week.

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »
I would not plan on a plow extra at this time- don't think it'll be necessary.  I'll keep watching the weather of course, but is only count on prepping the caboose and coach 8 the weekend prior.

I will be in Friday and Monday.

Jason

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
March 15, 2014 Work done
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
James left early and Stewart was busy with other errands so lets see if I can get this done.

This morning work continued in the basement. Zack busied himself with plumbing the new bathroom and kitchen area, and Steve Z. got set up and had help putting up the tongue and groove wallboard.

Josh R. was busy with electrical stuff, trying to figure why certain lights are not working.

Meanwhile, I took the tractor and started removing snow. I plowed in front of the station and all doors on the north side of the shop. Then went to Jane's Way and removed the snow banks there to get what little ice is there to melt.

Leon arrived with the last mounting band for the boiler jacket. This one goes inside the cab at the front.

This afternoon, work continued in the basement. And 52 was run up to the Main and backed down to the station. The snow was only up to the bottom of the counterweight in a few places. Then it was run over the passing track and then down to bay 4. About half the switches were shoveled. Hoping this helps bare up the yard over the week.

Mike

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »
Anticipated work for weekend of March 22:

* #9: Jason is working Saturday and Monday
* Percival basement: wall boarding
* Machinery work: see Mike

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 11:58:40 AM »
Also -

The Alna Town Meeting is this Saturday at the Alna Fire Dept.  Roger, Steve and I will be there to answer questions about the museum.  A copy of the 2013-2014 annual Town Report is in the house. Roger has a report on pages 42-44 highlighting activities at the railroad for 2013. 

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
Quite possibly no me this weekend, due to the current forecast...
Mike