Author Topic: Rangeley Parlor Car  (Read 346 times)

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
    • View Profile
Rangeley Parlor Car
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »
I have never seen pictures of the parlor car in a train at Edaville or at the Maine narrow gauge at Portland. So it must have taken some work for it to make that recent trip to the Top of the Mountain and back. Oiling the journal boxes and checking the air lines would be just a start. What else was needed on this one of a kind antique?

Ted Miles, WW&F Life Member

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Yardmaster
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: Rangeley Parlor Car
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 05:21:24 PM »
The Rangeley did run at Edaville during the Nelson Blount era.  I'm not sure exactly when it became "entombed" in the museum. As far as I know, it has never graced the mainline at Edaville or MNG since then.

At least one of the end sills required a significant amount of repair. Others may know those details.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »
Eric Schade's Facebook page shows work he did on one of the end sills to repair it.  The coupler heights were raised also.  Don't know what other work's gone into it (I've not gotten any receipts for work on the car).

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 11:05:20 PM »
It will be a work in progress for some time to come.  However, the fact that it successfully went to TOM and back is a REALLY good sign....

Bob