Author Topic: Bachmann On30 2-4-4  (Read 4240 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Bachmann On30 2-4-4
« on: December 12, 2008, 11:57:41 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Bachmann On30 2-4-4 has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

ETSRRCo wrote:
I have been looking at what I hope will be my next addition to my model railroad collection and my second On30 locomotive. The Bachmann Spectrum On30 2-4-4. It comes in both inside and outside frame. I would prefer the outside frame but since I forgot to tell my parents that in the Christmas list I have started to look at the inside frame version. When I looked at the photo I couldn't help but remember a photo of B&SR #6 The Bachmann model could be made to look just like the #6 with what looks like few modifications. Tell me what you think.

-Eric

Joe Fox replied:
That is a wonderful looking model. Do you think it could possibly be W, W, & F #7?

Joe

sgprailfan replied:
I thought of this one too. I thought I would rather model ww&f #7 witch would require the other type of frame.

ETSRRCo replied:
You mean this style?

This would need much heavier modifications to look like the 7.

It could be done. The drawing is my own.

ETSRRCo replied:
Wow you know what. After looking at the photo and the drawin I can see that it can deffenitly be done. I know what  I'm doing to mine when I get it!! 

sgprailfan replied:
So did you get the forney?
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum