Author Topic: The Remaining Portion Of The Old Edaville Loop.  (Read 2492 times)

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Matt3985
The Remaining Portion Of The Old Edaville Loop.
« on: April 25, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »
Ive look up on Google map and I notice there is a decent amount of whats left of the older and longer loop that is no longer used with the tracks still in place? Does anybody have any photos of whats left of ROW on the old loops with the tracks still in place. It would be nice for the New for the new Edaville to restore the remaining trackage on the old loop and add a balloon loop or wye at the end of ROW so that future generations can at least experience of what Edaville was like back in better times?
Proud Supporter of the new Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam Program. Go vist my youtube account here at www.youtube.com/Matt3985 .

Hansel Fardon

• Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: The Remaining Portion Of The Old Edaville Loop.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »
I've noticed also. And the track conveniently ends at the beach! But edaville isn't a museum, so they're not nostalgic.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
Re: The Remaining Portion Of The Old Edaville Loop.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
Good point Hansel, they are a for-profit operation.  Regarding the old mainline, I don't think there's enough room to put a wye or balloon track at the end but they could build a siding for a run around move.  They probably won't because there wouldn't be enough of an increase in ridership to justify the cost of a new siding.