The Maine Narrow Gauges (Historic & Preserved) > Bridgton & Saco River Railway

Junction ROW

(1/1)

Rob Carignan:
I was finally able to get up to Bridgton to visit the Historical Society and get a look at the 1916 ROW maps.  I traced the junction on a 19 x 24 sheet of tracing paper. The scale is 1" = 100'. I now have to transcribe it in HO.

Ed Deere:
Hi Rob

You and I met yesterday over to Norm's "O" Scale. Here is a link to a you-tube video. A farm my wife made of where she grew up and the Bridgton Jct representation I did are both on the video. The module is made to interface with the Great Falls Clubs set-up so the Maine Central has double tracks. All the buildings are scratch-built bass wood. The narrow gauge cars are bass wood as well. The Loco is an HOn2. We will be displaying up to Owls Head Transportation March 23 & 24.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9p7zKJz3Y

ED

Ben Rockney:
Hi Rob,
You didn't happen to take a photo as well of the track/ROW map at Bridgton Depot, did you?  I used a similar photo of the Bridgton Junction to create an overlay of the tracks, buildings, and roads at Bridgton Junction (see my post under the topic Bridgton Junction on Google Earth).  It turned out really well and provides a GPS-ready view of where things once were on today's topography. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version