Author Topic: November/December Newsletter  (Read 2142 times)

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
November/December Newsletter
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:11:28 PM »
I just received the November/December Newsletter.  As usual, another fine issue.  John and contributors are doing a great job.

Look all the activities reported in the newsletter that occurred the past few months -- a major photographic charter; track work at Maine Narrow Gauge; Septemberfest; ongoing restoration work on #9; the fall work weekend; Halloween; the shop extension; brush cutting; not to mention the every day tasks of running the museum and greeting the public.  Just an incredible list.

As someone who is "from away" and cannot get to the museum as often as I'd like, I want to say thank you to all the regulars who can and do help out at the museum nearly every weekend. 

And a special thank you to Allan, who is stepping down from the administrative roles he's managed the past eight years.  His diligence has played a big part in the museum's growth.

- Bill
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 10:57:35 PM by Bill Reidy »

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: November/December Newsletter
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 01:51:44 AM »
Like Bill, I was impressed by how much "water" Allan has been carrying for the Museum. It's going to take at least five people to replace him. Thanks Allan! We owe you a huge debt. I hear the WW&F retirement plan provides you with 80% of the average salary of your last three years on the job.
KD