Author Topic: WW&F Visits....  (Read 43905 times)

Carl Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F Visits....
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »
This is not Whimsical, maybe Weird, but no Fooling.

It was great to meet everyone Sat. the 26th. we had a great time visiting and riding.
Our train was full.  :)  The ambiance made strangers talk to each other. Our time there was way too short.

Wish we had time to walk up to look at Mike's work but we had a 5 hr drive to a dinner meeting.

Thanks for the cab ride - the cab ride my son & I had on #10 10 years ago convinced me to become a Life Member.

All I can add is  ;D ;D

Carl Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2017, 09:47:26 PM »
Just met another WW&F Member - Brent - at train show at MN State Fair Grounds.
I was wearing my WW&F hat so he had to ask.

"A good time was had by all."

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:47 AM »
I have no pictures for this (forgot my camera at home) but Wednesday my wife and I toured the Victoria Mansion in Portland Maine.  This was originally built by a prosperous merchant (a Morse, although no descendants) in the 1850s as a summer home (winter home in New Orleans) in an "Italianate" style.  The mansion is now owned by a non-profit doing a pain staking restoration back to its full glory.

Even though about half of the rooms have been restored, this was easily the most impressive old mansion that we have toured.  Gold leaf abounds, as do rooms done in walnut, chestnut, and other woods, along with brass, mirrors, bright paints, etc. etc.  It looks like something a king might have lived in.

Well worth a visit.  https://victoriamansion.org/

Mike the Choochoo Nix

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2018, 02:21:36 AM »
We went there on our first visit to Maine, And I second the motion it's worth a visit.
Mike Nix