Author Topic: Public Restroom Project - Official Work Thread  (Read 102945 times)

Fred L. Kuhns

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: Public Restroom Project - Official Work Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
  Stewart,  Thanks for the update on the water line and water heater being installed plus the addition work on finishing the dry wall. Some time back there was mention of tile being installed on the floor and lower areas of the walls is that something that is going to happen?  Thanks again for all the hard work and the updates.  Fred L. Kuhns

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 11:50:17 PM »
Last I heard the tile man was coming, but not until March.

-John

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2013, 07:25:30 AM »
Yes, it will be a few weeks before the tile goes in.  This is due to a number of things including wall prep and painting, electric fixture installation and the contractors schedule. (You try to hold off on tile and get everything done that can be done first so you're not walking on the tile floor) The walls were sanded by Dave B. and company Saturday so painting can happen fairly soon.  When that's done Josh R. will install the ceiling lights. 

The tile will cover the floor and rise up the walls 4'.  When done we'll put cardboard on the floor to protect the tile when we bring the plumbing fixtures, partitions and counters in.   

The next big part of the project is to install the hot water feeds to both rooms.  Zack may be working on that today.

Stewart

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17:41 PM »
I was playing with my iPad on Saturday so I thought I'd taking a shot of Zack installing pipe in the service closet to give those of you who can't get to Sheepscot a look at the new bathroom. I apologize for the bad quality it was one of my first photos with it.
Dave
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 09:47:35 PM by Dave Buczkowski »

Steve Zuppa

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2013, 06:40:27 AM »
The rest of the sanding was done yesterday and the walls and ceiling were primed. The ceilings will get painted today and the doors and window trim ordered.
Don't ask me. I only cut the grass. Oops, I don't even do that anymore.

Dave Crow

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:46 AM »
Steve, the restroom building stays pretty toasty with all the insulation?

Dave Buczkowski

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »
Dave;
Zack has propane heaters going inside. It's so warm you could grow tropical plants in there!
Dave

Fred L. Kuhns

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2013, 08:59:18 PM »
  Stewart,  It was great to hear of the progress of the water line being installed and window trim applied. Looking forward to March, having the tile installed along with the plumbing fixtures.  Is there a great deal of work to finish the basement in the house?    Thanks Fred L. Kuhns

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2013, 09:16:53 PM »
Most of the top coat painting on the walls and ceiling is done. The inside looks nice.  Steve hung the three interior doors today.  He prime painted them as well.  Window and door trim will follow. 

Work to be done in the Percival house cellar includes:  moving the existing water tank, running the new water line to the well pump feed and installing a new filter output pipe that connects to the feed over to the restroom building.

Zack is planning on working on the piping this week, possibly on Friday prior to the Board meeting.

Stewart   

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »
Yesterday, Zack worked on the filter line piping in the Percival house cellar.  The filter is now connected to the restroom feed.

Steve Z. added door trim and painted top coat on the interior doors and trim.  The hallway looks real nice.  It's mostly finished now except for the ceiling light fixtures, light switches and tile floor. 

Stewart

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
Steve Z. got more painting done today.  He worked on window trim, etc.

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2013, 03:20:14 PM »
This week Zack finished installing the propane heaters in both restrooms.  Each one has a new vent/flue to the outside, located under the windows.  The Dead River Fuel Company man came out to inspect the heaters and spec a storage tank and feed lines for the heaters.

Fred L. Kuhns

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
 Stewart, Thanks for the update on the propane heaters.  The hotwater heater is it also propane?  Do the propane heaters have power backup systems in case of power lost?  So many little projects to finish just takes time.  Fred L. Kuhns

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
The water heater is propane so a gas feed will be run into the mechanical room.  The room heaters are on the outside walls and the feeds will be run along the outside of the building.  They do not need a power feed.

Today, Zack installed the window hardware (cranks, etc.) We are waiting for the lights to be installed and then the rest of the blown-in insulation can be put in the attic.  Interior door hardware (closers, etc.) will be added after the tile floor is down.

Dwight Winkley

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
Propane hotwater heater will run without electric power. When you turn on the hotwater at a sink. The water flow spins a waterwheel that makes a electric spark to light the propane.
dwight