Author Topic: Bridgton Yard  (Read 3613 times)

Vincent "Lightning" LeRow

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Bridgton Yard
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
Hi All,

Does anyone have a good idea of how the Bridgton Yard was laid out circa 1930-1940?  I have been doing some research and only found a photograph of the yard throat. I watched Guss Prats Riding the Maine Two Footers and got a few good views of the roundhouse area.  Any images (or maps  :P) would be very helpful!

Thank you,
A spike saved is a spike earned.

Duncan Mackiewicz

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgton Yard
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »
Vincent,
I'm not near my pictures or books at the moment but if you go to www.bridgtonhistory.org you will access the historical website for Bridgton.  There is a link on the website to an article on the B&H I helped create. There are some pics of the yard there that may be new to you.
Duncan

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
Also while looking through the photos, have a map handy. I think there is one in Two feet to the Lakes. It will help orient the photos and give you a decent idea of what you are looking at, and it's approximate location.
Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment

John McNamara

• Operating Volunteers
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:57 AM »
Also while looking through the photos, have a map handy. I think there is one in Two feet to the Lakes. It will help orient the photos and give you a decent idea of what you are looking at, and it's approximate location.
Yes. Top of page 116.
-John