W.W.&F. Discussion Forum
May 27, 2017, 01:26:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Notice: Work Planning: May.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: MNG RR Museum - Moving to Gray Maine  (Read 11985 times)
Roger Cole
Flagman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 04:36:31 PM »

According to an article in the April 2nd Portland Daily Sun, an official with the Maine Narrow Gauge Museum stated that the right-of-way was "two plus miles".
Richard "Steam" Symmes
Museum Member
Fireman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 11:54:33 PM »

From the photos of the old P-L I RR right of way, it seems to be mostly swamp.  Hardly a scenic ride.  It's true that Edaville was mostly a swamp (ok, a BOG), but it had lots of pine woods and some scrub oak to break up the swampy sections.  What will Gray look like?  Will there be room for a loop at the far end so they don't have to back up on the return trip?  I'm also underwhelmed by the strip mall museum site.  Good luck to all involved, but I have serious doubts about this project.

Richard Symmes
Mark Spremulli
Museum Member
Switchman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »

From the photos of the old P-L I RR right of way, it seems to be mostly swamp.  Hardly a scenic ride.  It's true that Edaville was mostly a swamp (ok, a BOG), but it had lots of pine woods and some scrub oak to break up the swampy sections.  What will Gray look like?  Will there be room for a loop at the far end so they don't have to back up on the return trip?  I'm also underwhelmed by the strip mall museum site.  Good luck to all involved, but I have serious doubts about this project.

Richard Symmes
Also Edaville's original ride was along the lake for a good portion
Terry Harper
Switchman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »

Looking at the aerials there does not seem to be room for a loop. You will have to move to the other side of the car to enjoy the other side of the swamp.
Mike Fox
Museum Member
Superintendent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 01:08:17 AM »

Run arounds would be the way to go with the track set up.

Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: