Author Topic: MNG RR Museum - Moving to Gray Maine  (Read 13174 times)

Roger Cole

• Switchman
    • View Profile
Re: MNG RR Museum - Moving to Gray Maine
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »
According to an article in the April 2nd Portland Daily Sun, an official with the Maine Narrow Gauge Museum stated that the right-of-way was "two plus miles".

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2014, 10:54:33 PM »
From the photos of the old P-L I RR right of way, it seems to be mostly swamp.  Hardly a scenic ride.  It's true that Edaville was mostly a swamp (ok, a BOG), but it had lots of pine woods and some scrub oak to break up the swampy sections.  What will Gray look like?  Will there be room for a loop at the far end so they don't have to back up on the return trip?  I'm also underwhelmed by the strip mall museum site.  Good luck to all involved, but I have serious doubts about this project.

Richard Symmes

Mark Spremulli

• Museum Member
  • Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2014, 01:03:07 PM »
From the photos of the old P-L I RR right of way, it seems to be mostly swamp.  Hardly a scenic ride.  It's true that Edaville was mostly a swamp (ok, a BOG), but it had lots of pine woods and some scrub oak to break up the swampy sections.  What will Gray look like?  Will there be room for a loop at the far end so they don't have to back up on the return trip?  I'm also underwhelmed by the strip mall museum site.  Good luck to all involved, but I have serious doubts about this project.

Richard Symmes
Also Edaville's original ride was along the lake for a good portion

Terry Harper

• Switchman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
Looking at the aerials there does not seem to be room for a loop. You will have to move to the other side of the car to enjoy the other side of the swamp.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 12:08:17 AM »
Run arounds would be the way to go with the track set up.
Mike
Membership Secretary, Life Member, President of ROWMOW 1 Manufacturing, Inc. CMO of off rail equipment