Author Topic: Winter Photo Trains on the DSNG  (Read 2401 times)

Kevin Madore

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
    • My Flicker Albums
Winter Photo Trains on the DSNG
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Folks,

Last week, I was fortunate to participate in the Willow Creek Productions Charter on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.   This was a 2-day charter that was run on the Monday and Tuesday after the DSNG's own Winter Photo Train.   The power was K-28 Locomotive 478, lettered for the D&RGW and the charter featured a Pullman Green Passenger Train on Monday and a Mixed Train on Tuesday.   Both trains were turned at Rockwood and backed into the canyon, ensuring a south-facing train all day.  Weather was wall-to-wall sun (when does that ever happen?).

Here are a few representative shots from this event.  Tough to beat Color-ado for scenery, particularly in the winter.   Enjoy!

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?offset=0&where=search|-2|-2|Colorado,%20USA||-2|478|15|3||||||||-2|Colorado,%20USA||-2|-2||Kevin%20Madore|15|2011|25775||||||9||1||||&newsort=12

/Kevin

Stewart "Start" Rhine

• Museum Member
  • Trainmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Photo Trains on the DSNG
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
Hi Kevin,  Great pics.  I see that the 478 has a dark green boiler jacket to match the passenger consist.  The K-28 sure looks beautiful!

Stewart