Author Topic: NEWSLETTERS!!!  (Read 102960 times)

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
Re: NEWSLETTERS!!!
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »
Mike's comments are spot on.  We're fortunate we have members who do a great job maintaining our active social media presence and otherwise marketing our Museum, but it's the newsletter that reaches all members and informs us of our progress.  John has performed yeoman's service these 16 years.

Thank you, John.
What–me worry?

John Kokas

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2018, 11:18:16 PM »
John,

Like others, I learned about the WW&F through a newsletter left for me at Brewer HS in Brewer, ME.  This was 2009, and I was hooked and started attending weekends during 2010-11.  Have been an active member ever since - thanks to you and your efforts on the newsletter.  I can't think of a better reward than getting a new lifelong member and reader.  Thanks to you - Bravo and thank you from me personally!
Moxie Bootlegger

Carl Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »
Thanks John

As was brought to my attention recently, not all members are on line. So
A paper Newsletter is essential!

As JK Rowling said there are some of us like the feel & smell  of paper.

And for some reason when looking at the pictures I can smell the coal smoke, the wood,
and whatever is depicted - I can smell Maine. Something a computer monitor does not engender.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:52:42 AM by Carl Soderstrom »

Jason M Lamontagne

• Operating Volunteers
  • Dispatcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
We’ve enjoyed 16 years of thorough, professional, educational and enlightening publications.  They have been an absolutely crotical component of the WW&F Railway’s success.  Thank you, John.

See ya
Jason

Ted Miles

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2018, 05:13:44 PM »
Folks,
         Now that I am retired; I have time to sit and enjoy the newsletters again. I  have them clear back to when Larson Powell was writing the front page news. New track, new car building projects and more recently new buildings. The turntable got some great coverage!

I am delighted that the newsletter is still bi-monthly; so many museum publications have gone electronic or disappeared altogether! My thanks to all who have done such a good job writing the history of the WW&F Railway Museum. And so many good things yet to come, like the track crossing the Trout Creek Bridge in years to come!

Ted Miles, Life Member