Author Topic: The East Broad Top Railroad!  (Read 8489 times)

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaj5Rrtw948oLXGLaqgUmDA
The East Broad Top Railroad!
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
IM A HUGE FAN OF THIS RAILROAD ITS THE BEST AROUND! But im Just woundering is all the frieght cars in Rockhill and Mount Union are going to be restored operational by the Friends Of The East Broad Top! Man I also miss EBT 2-8-2 #14 because it has my most favorite steam whistle that I ever heard! Last B-bring back EBT 2-8-2 #16 & #18 because they have been in the roundhouse ever sinice the EBT closed down in the 1960's!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:13:30 PM by Matthew Gustafson »
Steam Department Volunteer at the Illinois Railway Museum.

Matthew Gustafson

• Engineer
    • View Profile
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaj5Rrtw948oLXGLaqgUmDA
Re: The East Broad Top Railroad!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:19:11 PM »
Also once the EBT does one day reach Mount Union! They should try restoring standerd gauge 0-6-0 EBT #3 back to operation to preform cool runbuys at the dual gauge yard qith the narrow gauge EBT mickados!   :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 09:10:05 PM by Matthew Gustafson »
Steam Department Volunteer at the Illinois Railway Museum.

Hans Brandes

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:36 PM »
Why don't you go to their website and find out. This doesn't need to be a thread on this forum.

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:38:28 PM »
Hi Hans and Matt,

Yes, there are whole forums dedicated to the EBT. Let's keep EBT discussions here related to topics that may apply to the WW&F. These could include:
- Narrow Gauge railroad maintenance
- Restoration of Narrow Gauge artifacts
- Operating a Railroad Museum in a rural area
- Motivating Volunteers, work sessions, etc.

Another good topic in this arena may be, "I'm planning on going to the EBT on such and such a date, would anyone like to join me on such an adventure?"

I agree that we don't need to discuss why the Kolvachecks (sp?) don't do ___ (you fill in the blank); how/when/why the Friends of the EBT should restore a particular locomotive, piece of rolling stock, or portion of the Right-of-Way; or any other of the sorts of topics that do not interrelate with the WW&F.

Thanks,

-Ed
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »
*Mod's Note*
Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Phil Raynes

• Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 08:32:39 PM »
Actually, there are two 2' gauge connections with the EBT!

One: at Robertsdale, there was a short 2' gauge (I think) handcar track from the EBT to the Post office, which use a small handcar to carry the mail to the train!

Two: The volunteers from the 2' gauge Bucksgahuda (sp?) & Western RR in St. Mary's, PA, rebuilt their 2' gauge tie inserter so it would also work on the 3' gauge EBT!  They then helped rebuild track 3 past the shops.

When the time comes to replace ties on the WW&F (as opposed to laying new track), it might be worth considering contacting the B&W if there are a lot of ties to replace!

Phil
Phil