Author Topic: Did Free Press have articles about WW&F Railway?  (Read 6406 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Did Free Press have articles about WW&F Railway?
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:36:09 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Did Free Press have articles about WW&F Railway? has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Dave Olszewski wrote:
Hi everyone,

I never find articles on Free Press about WW&F Railway. I only see many articles about Maine Eastern RR there. Did you see any articles on local paper or Free Press? I was too busy to read local newspaper.

Dave

James Patten replied:
Lincoln County News had photographs of the Halloween trains.

Stewart Rhine replied:
Dave,  The press releases do go out.  Reporter Paul Cunningham has written a number of articles on the WW&F in the last few years.  He even had a full page spread when the first steam powered passenger train ran to Alna Center.

Stewart

Josh Botting replied:
Does anyone have the pictures of the Halloween trains?

Joe Fox replied:
What pictures are you talking about Josh? The ones on NERAIL, or photos that other people took?

Joe

Josh Botting replied:
Joe,
The pictures that were in the paper,.

Joe Fox replied:
Oh, I would like to see those sometime or another then, since I don't get the paper that you guys get. I have just been told I can go down to the museum again on the 18th if all goes well. Talk to you guys later.

Joe

Josh Botting replied:
Joe,

I have aquired the Lincoln County News pictures, I will find the time to scan them and send them on to you, one of them is you....jkb

Joe Fox replied:
That would be great Josh. Instead of emailing me just the photos, is it possible you could email me the entire article, so that I can show it to my social studies teacher? Thanks.

Joe

Josh Botting replied:
Joe,
No article with the pictures, only a caption under the picture.

will scan when I find time.

Joe Fox replied:
Ok Josh, thanks.

Joe
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum