Author Topic: June 2010 work planning  (Read 14849 times)

Vincent "Lightning" LeRow

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
Re: June 2010 work planning
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
Besides the distance to the switch, we are running out of usable grade.  our property ends a very short distance from the current EOT.  I suspect the rail will either be stockpiled or used to upgrade the light rail on the main.
A spike saved is a spike earned.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 12:33:57 AM »
We have tons of 50# on hand.  I believe (though i may be mistaken) that there was an informal consensus to standardize on 56/60 for the main and 50 for the sidings and spurs.

While it would be nice to standarize the rail, that is not the case. The new rail will be used for our continued Northward expansion. From the new (yet to be built) north switch to the compromise joing to Davis corner will be relaid with 50#rail. This will eliminate A compromise joint as there are 2 sizes of rail we will be replacing. The 32# will remain in the yard and on the main in front of the station to keep it looking proper.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:19 AM »
The new rail will be used for our continued Northward expansion.

Quote from: Vincent "Lightning" LeRow
...we are running out of usable grade.  our property ends a very short distance from the current EOT.  

Both statements are true.  Please keep in mind that we are currently negotiating with the next land owner.  Because negotiations are not yet complete, I'd like to keep speculation about further northward expansion to an absolute minimum.  In the meanwhile, we have lots of visitor infrastructure plus railroad infrastructure to build back at Sheepscot, so it's not like we suddenly have nothing to do.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:19:51 PM by Ed Lecuyer »

Stephen Hussar

• Museum Member
  • Conductor
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »
Thank you, James.