Author Topic: Edaville Hudswell Clark Steam locomotive #21  (Read 11227 times)

Tim Hairston

Edaville Hudswell Clark Steam locomotive #21
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:14:32 PM »
The Hudswell Clark 0-6-0 at Edaville has not operated in several years now. Anyone have any information on what repairs it needs, or when it will be back in service??

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: Edaville Hudswell Clark Steam locomotive #21
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:05 AM »
This just in from the Edaville discussion forum....
Posted by Brenda
Great News! We will be having STEAM for Christmas. I am still finalizing all of the details, however I can tell you that it will be on certain evenings during the Christmas Season. Once I have all of the details It will be posted on the Edaville Facebook Page and the Website.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Tim Hairston

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:32:48 AM »
On facebook they said it will not be the Anne Elizebeth but they are working with a company to get it fixed by next year. Anyone have more information on what locomotive will be operating? I believe the Hudswell Clark is the only steam two footer they own so I am thinking maybe they worked something out with the MNGRR

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »
All of MNG's boilers have been condemned, so it's unlikely MNG can help them.  The WW&F and Boothbay Railway Village are the only ones with operable steam engines.

Allan Fisher

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
There's a possibility that they may get the use of an operable 2' gauge Porter engine last used by the canal museum in upstate New York. Locomotive was overhauled by former Edaville Mechanical Foreman.
Allan Fisher

Pete "Cosmo" Barrington

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »
All of MNG's boilers have been condemned, so it's unlikely MNG can help them.  The WW&F and Boothbay Railway Village are the only ones with operable steam engines.
"Condemned"??
Last I knew Monson #4 was operable, as of this last month, with possibly minor work necessary.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
"Condemned"??
Last I knew Monson #4 was operable, as of this last month, with possibly minor work necessary.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Perhaps Monson 4 and Bridgton 8 were not tested, but Monson 3, Bridgton 7, and our 10 were all tested late last year for corroding staybolts.  3 and 7 failed, 10 passed.  I don't know the exact situation with 4, but I do know it is not running and hasn't been for a while.