Author Topic: WW&F No. 11 - Official Work Thread  (Read 235722 times)

Dylan Preo

• Hobo
    • View Profile
Re: WW&F No. 11 - Official Work Thread
« Reply #405 on: September 20, 2020, 12:55:25 AM »
it's safe to say it will look like it did toward the end of its career, one way or the other.

Toasted wooden cab and all? Joking of course, I was just curious if it was going to end up in olive green green.

I hope the tender gets the large lettering (I think all our locos should have the large lettering).

#9 and #10 both have the small lettering correct?

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 20, 2020, 02:51:27 PM »
Yes, both 9 and 10 have the small lettering.  For a couple of years 2002-2003 #10 had large lettering, but after the rebuild it went back to small.

I'm a proponent of using the railroad's large lettering on tenders.  That comes from a time when the railroad was (relatively) prosperous.  The small lettering I tend to think of as a declining fortunes money-saving device.  I think we don't want to portray that we're a down-on-our-luck railroad.  #9, alas, has a stipulation in the lease that requires it to retain its 1933 appearance, so that letting size must remain.

Dylan Preo

• Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 20, 2020, 04:39:59 PM »
Historically #9 wouldn't have worn the large lettering right? It would seem odd to me at least to have them mixed and matched era wise, especially with #9 not having worn it or really been around it (if that is the case).  If it is accurate with the final configuration outcome using the larger letting for specials, that or just interchanging them from time to time add a neat mix and some extra representation.