Author Topic: Mountain Extension - Official Work Thread  (Read 93582 times)

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Extension - Official Work Thread
« Reply #705 on: July 15, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »
Bill,  Thanks for the photos.  It really shows what Mountain Mike and our contractor have accomplished so far this summer.  I can't wait to get up there next week and walk the ROW myself.  Although during the following three and a half weeks I will be giving plenty of opportunities to help get things done up there.
Wascally Wabbit

Fred Morse

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 15, 2018, 08:56:03 PM »
Those footage markers started at the EOT just before the Clark property, and they stop about 600ft before the bridge. If I remember correctly.

Jeff Schumaker

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »
Excellent photos and description, Bill.

When does the culvert at location  10 get set in place?

Jeff S.
Hey Rocky, watch me pull a moose trout out of my hat.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2018, 10:44:32 PM »
Bills location 10 is actually location 9. And his location 11is actually location 10. There used to be stakes there marking, but had been tossed aside.

Location 9, we are waiting for the permit from the Army Corps. Contractor Jeff wants to haul the material in from the access road, versus across the bridge next year. So this moves up our culvert installation to this year.. Contractor Jeff will help so we can do it quicker.

Alex, you are correct. If, and I mean if, we get location 9 and 10 done this year, there is potential to lay probably close to 1600 feet. But that depends if we can get it ready in time. 1400 feet is about half way from EOT to Trout Brook..
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »
Bills location 10 is actually location 9. And his location 11is actually location 10. There used to be stakes there marking, but had been tossed aside.

Thanks Mike.  I was confused by a stake on the ground for location 10, which I thought was much closer to actual location 9 than actual location 10.  I've updated my photos post to reflect the correction.  Hopefully that didn't diminish my point on the work that has been done and that which remains.

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:15 AM »
Absolutely not Bill. We have done a lot so far this year, and a lot left to do. It will be a great but very busy summer..

Fred, you will have to wait until Saturday. I left something in the way to keep joy riders off the grade.
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Carl Soderstrom

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:22 AM »
Those of us that are away thank you Bill for the photos.

Everyone thanks the guys doing the hard work.