Author Topic: Mountain Extension - Official Work Thread  (Read 131968 times)

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain Extension - Official Work Thread
« Reply #840 on: January 13, 2019, 07:42:01 PM »
Bill,
That is the only way to do it now. Do it right. Used to be you could beg for forgiveness, or even plead stupidity, but not any more.

The only unfortunate thing is our DEP rep has relocated to another office. But said he loved serving the Alna area and will miss it. So our next extension project will have a new DEP rep to take for a walk and show what we are trying to achieve, and make sure we can. We would have had to do the same with the other rep, because it would be areas we have not covered.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:10:39 AM by Mike Fox »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »
Mike,

It is good that you have such a great working relationship with our regulators.  I know, from past experience it helps a lot when they trust that we will always strive to do the right thing.

You're spot on, Bill.  I'm so glad we're following the process to the letter, and the results show.  We're very fortunate to have the right people who carry this philosophy diligently and have generously donated their talent and hard work to move us forward.
What–me worry?

Bill Reidy

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life member. Ack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 16, 2019, 10:05:07 PM »
The January 2019 Mass Bay RRE Callboy includes a two-page article on our Trout Brook Bridge and Mountain Extension project work in 2018, largely adapted from Joe Fox's article in our November / December 2018 Newsletter.  As noted in our March / April 2018 Newsletter, Mass Bay RRE generously provided us a $1000 grant from their Railroad Preservation Fund to aid the Trout Brook Bridge effort.
What–me worry?

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 16, 2019, 10:58:24 PM »
Another case of good deeds being recognized.  Everyone involved, and that is a lot of people, has earned a big "Well Done!"  A high five gets added to the special folks who put forth special efforts to get all the design, permitting and behind the scenes work.
Wascally Wabbit & gofer