Author Topic: Nice Review of BRV  (Read 12503 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Nice Review of BRV
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
See:
http://rypn.sunserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27718

And, it looks like SD Warren #2 and the Sandy River Combine are going in for restoration! Great news. I guess SD Warren #2 will get BRV new boiler #3?
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: Nice Review of BRV
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
I saw the review and thought it was very good.

Keith Taylor

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:13:48 AM »
Just curious, if the Baldwin were to get BRV boiler #3, what is No.2?
Keith

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
Boiler #2 is for one of the BRV Henschels - there is a picture of it on the parade trailer. (Not to be confused with B&SR/B&H/MNG #7 which is NOT getting a new boiler, nor is the work being done on it at BRV.)
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Paul Horky

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
What would be a very nice train would be the 2 #11's plus SD Warren #2 but maybe add a 4 wheeled coal tender to the #2. If the #2 could pull the 2 #11's and a little tender around BVR's loop this would be a sweet train I think.

Vincent "Lightning" LeRow

• Museum Member
  • Hostler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
#2 had a four wheel tender origionally.  just like SD Warren #1.  you can find a picture of it in the surviving maine 2' locomotives thread.  it's a sticky in the museam discussion thread.

Considering how well they've done on other projects if the origional tender has nothing left of it they will make a new one as close as possible to the origional.
A spike saved is a spike earned.

Dana Deering

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 06:07:58 AM »
Boothbay does some First Class Work, no doubt about it.  I'm very pleased to see that one of the SD Warren locos is going to be restored.  I had the pleasure to know one of the SDW firemen, Jim Golden, when he lived in a nursing home in Gorham.  He was near 90 and sharp as a tack with a wonderful Irish accent and a devilish twinkle in his eye.  I spent many hours talking with him about his experiences on the SDW 2 footer (I was a teenager at the time) and he never seemed to get impatient with this kid.  He gave me an SDW newsletter, that I still have, that told the story of the SDW railroad system and it's quite interesting. I know he'd be pleased to see #2 run under steam again.  Good work BRV!