Author Topic: Who Am I? or, Let's Introduce Ourselves  (Read 43088 times)

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
Re: Who Am I? or, Let's Introduce Ourselves
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »
Alain,

First, as a strong Francophile, my having taken my wife to be married in Notre Dame Cathedral de Paris, there by earning an almost unlimited number of romantic points which allow me to leave her several times a year to come and volunteer at the WW&F Ry Museum.  This also allows us to visit France every five years on our anniversary.

Therefore, I am pleased to welcome you and your interest and support for our railroad to our family.  The thoughts you shared in the second paragraph of your introduction on your impressions on how our Railroad Museum is operated for the historical significance and enjoyment of our visitors is why most of us put in the many hours of hard dedication and work to rebuild, maintain and operate our small part of Maine Railroading History.

Thanks for being a part of our Museum and for sharing your love of, and history with, the trains of France and Maine.

Bill
Wascally Wabbit

Ira Schreiber

• Museum Member
  • Dispatcher
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:58 PM »
Welcome to our family. Your story is very inspiring.
Keep on steaming.

Bob Holmes

• Museum Member
  • Brakeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2017, 11:39:47 PM »
Alain, I thoroughly enjoyed your website.  Please tell us more about Musée des transports de Pithiviers!

Bill Baskerville

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
  • Life Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:27 AM »
Alain,

Bob is correct, it is an excellent web site and shows a wonderful collection of railroad equipment in terrific shape.  I know you are as proud of Musee des transports de Pithiviers as we are of the Wiscasset, Waterville and Famington Railway Museum.

I suspect your Museum is now going on a lot of folks 'want to visit' list.

Bill
Wascally Wabbit

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2017, 05:23:01 AM »
Alain,

First, as a strong Francophile, my having taken my wife to be married in Notre Dame Cathedral de Paris, there by earning an almost unlimited number of romantic points which allow me to leave her several times a year to come and volunteer at the WW&F Ry Museum.  This also allows us to visit France every five years on our anniversary.

Therefore, I am pleased to welcome you and your interest and support for our railroad to our family.  The thoughts you shared in the second paragraph of your introduction on your impressions on how our Railroad Museum is operated for the historical significance and enjoyment of our visitors is why most of us put in the many hours of hard dedication and work to rebuild, maintain and operate our small part of Maine Railroading History.

Thanks for being a part of our Museum and for sharing your love of, and history with, the trains of France and Maine.

Bill
Bill,

Thank you for those kind words. I do like Paris too where I  go there every now and again since I live in the  Orleans outskirts. It's 75 miles away from Paris(only an hour's ride by train) . By the way Pithiviers is located between Orleans and Paris so as you get to Paris every five years why not to go down to Pithiviers visit the museum and ride the train I'll be happy to show you around.

Picsous Alain Delassus

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2017, 05:31:50 AM »
Welcome to our family. Your story is very inspiring.
Keep on steaming.
Ira,

Thank you so much. The stories of you all in the family is very inspiring as well. I'll keep on steaming you can bank on it.

Picsous Alain Delassus

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2017, 05:45:49 AM »
Alain, I thoroughly enjoyed your website.  Please tell us more about Musée des transports de Pithiviers!
Bob,
Thank you so much for loggin on the AMTP website  Have a look at the fb. Website and fb are recent tools  for the association. I'll tell you more about our Loiret two footer soon.
Picsous Alain Delassus

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2017, 06:00:31 AM »
Alain,

Bob is correct, it is an excellent web site and shows a wonderful collection of railroad equipment in terrific shape.  I know you are as proud of Musee des transports de Pithiviers as we are of the Wiscasset, Waterville and Famington Railway Museum.

I suspect your Museum is now going on a lot of folks 'want to visit' list.

Bill
Bill,
Thank you so much. Sure we have a great collection  and the new and young leadership of the association is still improving things. You guys will be welcome in Pithiviers I'll enjoy to show you around.
Picsous Alain Delassus