Author Topic: April 2019 Work Reports  (Read 27559 times)

James Patten

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
Re: April 2019 Work Reports
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2019, 06:41:08 PM »
Work done on Saturday April 27:

* Track ballasting: working from north to south, track was ballasted and later tamped.  Ballast was brought up well past the former slide.
* Machine shop: was the busiest that I recall seeing it.  At the north end was the MNG Flatcar: the flatcar that arrived earlier this week as part of the ballast fleet was upside-down in the shop getting end beams put on (in replacement for the end platforms), and coupler work.   Then electrical work was going on at the central part of the shop.  At the south end was work on the new motor for the PTO pump for the flanging machine.  The east wall had been boarded over yesterday and was getting window trim, while the northern walls of bays 1 and 3 were getting boarded over insulation.
* Networking: Husband and wife team Russ and Eva yesterday ran wires through the conduit and got the house wifi re-established and hooked up to the internet.  Today they ran network cables thoughout the house and got the printer hooked up.  I was charged with getting the campus wifi up to the peak of the house, so I got Galo to climb to the top and place it.
* Food: a great spread headed up by Nancy and helped by a kitchen crew.

Philip Marshall

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2019, 09:22:27 PM »
* Machine shop: was the busiest that I recall seeing it.  At the north end was the MNG Flatcar: the flatcar that arrived earlier this week as part of the ballast fleet was upside-down in the shop getting end beams put on (in replacement for the end platforms), and coupler work.   

By 8:30pm the flat car had been flipped over and was on trucks again.

Russ Nelson

• Museum Member
  • Baggageman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
Video of the flatcar being flipped and set on trucks: https://youtu.be/9HfvMdSJQJE

Fred Morse

• Museum Member
  • Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2019, 04:42:18 AM »
If the rain ever stops, we'll be moving split wood to the track area, also there is still quite a lot of wood to be split. A great job was done Sat. a lot was split and the rest stacked in rows to be split. More pallets will have to be made to put the wood on. It may be the middle of June or July before we can start cutting ties.