Author Topic: AMTP in Pithiviers, France  (Read 1001 times)

Gary Kraske

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
Re: AMTP in Pithiviers, France
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 08:14:29 PM »
Hi Gary
Thank you for logging on to the AMTP website kindly fixed up by Ed. If your wife needs help to translate anything let me know it'll be a treat for me to assist her. Where are you from Gary and why did you join the WW&F ? If you want to know more about me you can read the Who am I section in the General Discussion chapter  of this forum. Then you can log on to my fb page Alain Delassus /Uncle Scrooge where you can see quite a lot of photos of that French two-footer and   to its fb page Musée des transports de Pithiviers.
Have a nice week end.
Hi Alain, my wife, Barbara, and I are life members at WWFRy and followed it for a while and saw the intensity and drive of the members and so joined and have supported same.  We were also impressed by their business plans and their follow through of the same.    I was from Maine originally and grew up with trains and have lived in Maryland since 1960.  Since 2015 I've been limited in my ability to get around and my activities.  Best to you and look forward to perusing your sites.  Thank you.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 06:44:12 PM »
Hi Kyle,
Thanks for your kind words about  the AMTP. Can you remember the very day you came to Pithiviers maybe we met then. Thank you for the photos as well. On Septmber 9th 2013 I was the conductor and I had a trainee with me. On October 6th 2002 I was at the #9 throttle. I'll soon give you good news of the #2 Schneider.. Best regards.

ALAIN DELASSUS

• Museum Member
  • Flagman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 06:16:23 PM »
Hi folks.
Glad you are interested in the AMTP. If the association does'nt own its facilities, see previous posts, it owns the whole rolling stock  the operating one and the one  displayed in the museum. Among the operating rolling stock there is the steam locomotive  # 2 built in 1870 that it is the oldest two-foot locomotive in running order that still exists in France and maybe in Europe .It was lent to the AMTP in 1969 then eventually purchased. In 1992 it was fit with a new boiler and had been used since then when special events coupled to a small four seat car. It was very popular.
But due to worn out wheel treads and piston sheets it was sent last Fall to a  repair shop in southern France that  discovered  when testing the boiler a few leaking  tubes. The wheel treads and the piston sheets has been fixed up but as regards the tubes  the AMTP is waiting for a  via grant from the Departement of Culture to change all the  boiler tubes given the expense . Fortunately the locomotive is listed. Anyway the locomotive  will be in running order in 2020 to celebrate its 150th birthday during a special event.