Author Topic: Victorian Christmas 2017  (Read 1092 times)

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
Re: Victorian Christmas 2017
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
Phone apps too?  Jump the line, like Dunkin' Donuts.  All this reminds me of the wonderful days back at South Carver, Mass. at the original Edaville Railroad during the run-up to Christmas.  4 steam trains on the main line at once.  Long lines of folks waiting to board the next train after it emptied out. No cell phone zombies.  Just happy families engaged in conversation as they waited their turn.  We rode it every year. Had some great cab rides too. Things were pretty laid back and casual in those days.  God, how I miss that place.
  Dono Treply

Charlie Lacasse

• Museum Member
  • Gandy Dancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:48 PM »
Greetings all. I'm not sure if this is the correct spot for this, but here goes. I was just informed that work is temporarily closing my plant in Lewiston, and in Brunswick and moving its employees (from 2nd and 3rd shifts) to its merchandise distribution center in Freeport to assist with customer orders. Unfortunately I'll be working a six day week work schedule from now until Christmas or after.  I was supposed to work with Bob heating up the water and cider for our guests so he will need some help with this as I am sorry to say I will be detained at work. Thankyou in advance, and I was really looking forward to being able to help out with the Victorian Christmas, As I did last year. It was lots of fun. It just goes to show, this has been a crazy year for me in the work area, and hopefully things in the work field won't be so crazy after the new year comes around. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and A merry Christmas.  I'll be up at the railroad again as soon as I can.

Michael McCormack

• Museum Member
  • Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 11:25:45 PM »
Richard you are not the only one that misses Edaville. For many years I lifted tickets on the Sunday Christmas Festival of Lights trains. My reward was usually a cab ride with Fred Richardson in #7. His favorite engine as well as mine!  A fine gentleman and very much missed.  You never know what you've got until it's gone.

Richard "Steam" Symmes

• Museum Member
  • Fireman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »
Yes, the late Fred Richardson was a true gentleman. We had the privilege of interviewing him on video a while before he passed away.  He was sitting in his living room and we spent the afternoon covering a range of topics, mostly about the history of Edaville and of course about Nelson Blount.  Edited down, the interview is about an hour long and we can supply copies on DVD to anyone interested in having one.  Contact me for details as to price, delivery time, etc.
  Richard