Author Topic: WW&F is now on Ebay  (Read 6145 times)

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
WW&F is now on Ebay
« on: March 01, 2010, 12:38:20 PM »
We have been trying something for about a week now and during some research, I found that the WW&F can register as a non profit on Ebay, and recieve donations from listings on Ebay. The seller just has to select the WW&F as the non-profit of their choice, and they can donate 10 to 100% of the sale to the museum.
  So James took the time to register the museum on what is called Mission Fish. Here is the page on Ebay. http://donations.ebay.com/charity/charity.jsp?NP_ID=36825
   Also during this time, I have learned that we can sell on Ebay, for little cost. Of course there are fees associated with everything, but the big one is the Final Value fee. This is waived when you are a non profit.
   I have been listing some items for the museum for about a week now, trying to hit a different group of people. It has worked so far, though I recognized a couple of the names as being members. It has provided the giftshop with a little boost during the slow time of year, and I think I'll do it again next year, only for a longer period, and directly through the museums Ebay account.
  So anyone that has plans to sell anything on Ebay, please select the museum as the Organization you would like to give to.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 04:00:57 AM by Ed Lecuyer »
Mike
Doing way too much to list...

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Re: WW&F is now on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
Great.. This is now a "sticky". Web fundraising is an easy way to get donations to the WW&F. It doesn't seem like much, but they do add up.
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »
OK. I guess I'm the first. I just sold 3 of my items on Ebay, donating 25% of the sales to the Museum. That is roughly $7.50. Now after everybody takes their share, I think it will be around $5.00. Just guessing. Would love for it to be more, but free money is the best money.
Mike

James Patten

• Global Moderator
  • Trainmaster
  • Loco for 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »
Our first donation from MissionFish (the company behind the eBay donations) arrived this week, for just over $8.00.  All this from Mike's ebay sales.  Thanks Mike!

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Supervisor
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:26 AM »
I just listed a whole pile of 027 (and some HO) trains on eBay - the remaing vestages of my once extensive collection. I am donating 50% of proceeds to the WW&F. Anyone interested should check out:
http://shop.ebay.com/edlecuyer/m.html
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum

Mike Fox

• Museum Member
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:52:11 PM »
I just bought one of those Marx locos to complete my set. I guess I was a little early.
Mike