Author Topic: Long Range Plan  (Read 7892 times)

Ed Lecuyer

• Administrator
  • Superintendent
    • View Profile
    • wwfry.org
Long Range Plan
« on: September 15, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
MODERATORS NOTE:
Long Range Plan has been converted from the pre-July 2008 WW&F Discussion Forum.
Some formatting may have been removed or modified from the original postings that appear quoted in this topic.
Information contained within this post may be superseded by more recent postings and conversations.

Allan Fisher wrote:
At a well attended session at the combined ARM/TRAIN convention yesterday   the need for a strategic plan at every railroad museum was stressed.

At the end of the session one of the 100 attendees asked if there was an example of a good Strategic Plan available. A director of ARM stood up and said that ARM had published guidelines for writing a strategic plan, and then said - "the Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum up in Maine has an excellent plan and it is available to anyone in pdf format on their website" . Two other persons in the audience also shared that the WW&F Plan was excellent.

I sat quietly in the audience and glowed in the shining light of the compliments. Kudos to our Long Range Planning Committee!

Additionally, Lynn Moediger GM of the Strasburg RR, just before another session on maintaining wooden rail cars, told me that the WW&F was really doing wonderful work on their equipment, and that he regrets that he cannot come up and help us build more railroad.

There are 400 people from over 150 railroad museums here, and all I have heard is compliments on what our group is accomplishing.

Ira Schreiber replied:
Allen,
That is absolutely wonderful news.
Congratulations to all involved.
Ira Schreiber :D

Mike Fox replied:
Allan,
Nice to know what happens here gets recognition elsewhere.
Mike
Ed Lecuyer
Moderator, WW&F Forum